Since our last salmon update we, through Twin Bays coalition, have:
- Presented to four local Municipal Councils
- Co-hosted a public session in Mahone Bay with the Council of Canadians. It’s posted on the TwinBays.ca Face Book page
- Opened up a separate FON bank account to handle banking for Twin Bays Coalition
- Participated in a CBC interview, written several op-eds, and put ads in two local papers.
- Met face to face with Cermaq
Upcoming activities are:
- Meeting with Hugh MacKay on Monday
- Round two with the Chester Council this Thursday, Feb 6 at 0900. We will be listening to presentations from Cermaq and the Aquaculture Association and asking them questions. If you could attend to show your support, that would be terrific.
- Round two with MODL (Municipality of the District of Lunenburg) on Tuesday Feb 11 at 0845.
- Presentation to the Town of Lunenburg at 5:15 pm, same Tuesday.
Here’s what you can do the help:
- Attend all three council presentations
- Visit TwinBays.ca and sign the petition
- Write to all the politicians you can think of, and to the papers. Draft letters will soon appear on TwinBays.ca.
- Tell all your friends to get educated and write letters too.
- Mark your calendars for two upcoming events:
- Sunday, March 1: public meeting at St Margaret’s Centre at 2:00 pm
- Wednesday March 11 or Thursday, March 12 (to be determined): FON AGM at 7:00 pm with a speaker on salmon as the main event.
Best regards and thanks
Syd Dumaresq , Chair, Friends of Nature